Note: This page is under construction. Please check back for updates.
Know Your Numbers
- Calculate your expected family contribution (EFC), both FM and IM using the button below
- FM: Federal Method used on the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Your FM EFC determines your eligibility for federal aid including grants, work-study, and loans. Your FM EFC will be the same at all schools. Many colleges also use this number to award institutional aid including grants, scholarships and additional loans
- IM: Institutional Method used on the CSS Profile Form (on the College Board). Required by about 600 private schools, this number will vary from school to school and is used to award institutional aid.
- Work - Save money for college
- Talk to your family - What they are able to contribute to your college education?
- Become financially literate and research financial aid - https://www.annuity.org/financial-literacy/students/
- Learn about Federal Student Aid - click the buttons below
- Calculate your loan payments:
- Federal Student Loans: Click on the button below to learn about federal student loans
- Undergraduates can borrow up to $27,000 in Stafford Loans over 4 years
- Click on the Loan Calculator button below to find out what your payment would be if you borrowed the full amount.
- The latest interest rates on these are 2.75%
- What is the average monthly salary in your intended field? Shoot to pay no more than 10% of that in student loans.